- Starts Monday 27th February
- Completely online
- 15 minutes per day, every day for 2 weeks
- Choose your own time of day
- CPD certificates will be issued on successful completion
- To apply, take the pre-test, which is open now.
The course runs through a student account on Yacapaca, which you can sign up for at the end of this post. It uses some features you will be familiar with, and some that are not available to general users.
Unsurprisingly, I teach using the same philosophy I embedded into Yacapaca. Learning is your responsibility; my job is to provide the structure. In this case that includes pointers to useful content, collaborative activities and formative assessments.
Each module runs over 3 consecutive days, and requires 15 minutes per day of your time. You can log in to complete the day’s task at any time of day.
- Writing questions (stem and key) that address learning beyond the rote, and that deliver a reliable summative assessment.
- Writing distractors that support the goal of the question, and provide opportunities for further learning.
- Using different question types 1
- Using different question types 2
In addition to the core modules, I will add some extra non-assessed content each module, to cover issues, such as course compilation and grading, that have been requested by past participants.
Each course module runs over three days, and it is important you participate in each day of the module. At the start of the module, I will provide links to content you may wish to read or watch. The 15-minute activities are:
Day 1: Write a short-text response to a question.
Day 2: Compare the responses written by other course participants, and explain your reasons.
Day 3: Read and reward the peer feedback you have received.
Days 2 and 3 are where the real learning happens. Peer feedback gives you multiple perspectives on your own and other peoples’ ideas.
What do I do now?