Doing classroom observation last week (of which more later), I noticed that Year 11s fall into three groups:
- those who have have effective revision plans
- those who are revising, but are not doing so effectively
- those who are still in denial
As it happens, my colleage Mike has been working on a resource aimed precisely at groups two and three. Specifically, here is what he has done.
- Exams and Me survey: test students’ attitudes to exams and promote class discussion. Preview | Teachers’ Notes
- Exam Preparation: raise awareness of good revision technique. Preview | Teachers’ Notes
- Sitting Exams: raise awareness of good exam technique. Preview | Teachers’ Notes
You can use them directly from the Previews in this email, but to analyse the results you need to set your students up in Yacapaca. This takes 5-10 minutes, and costs nothing. Start from the signup page.
BTW, both the exam prep resources and Yacapaca itself are free.