The Yacapaca whiteboards are designed to be projected to the whole class during or immediately after a quiz. My colleague Sasha Sirota has just completed a refresh of the design, following a brief to reduce the cognitive load.
Access either of the two whiteboards from the Results dropdown:
Team results update dynamically as the results come in. This is a great motivator for students if you run it during the quiz. For extra oomph:
- allow multiple attempts at a short quiz, not one long one. This results in more, faster updates.
- get students to name their teams, using the Manage Teams button at the bottom of the page. This button also allows you to override the default team memberships. Yacapaca auto-assigns balanced teams to promote competitiveness and give even your weakest student an equal chance to be on a winning team.
If you have not created teams, the Teams Whiteboard will open in individual students mode.
Use this after the quiz is finished. By default it shows a list of questions sorted by the average score for each question. Click on any question to get the screen above. Note the three steps to viewing it:
- Initial view shows the question and options only.
- Show Graph shows how students answered.
- Show correct shows which answer(s) was/were correct.
Use them in sequence for dramatic effect and to build student engagement.
I hope you like the new Whiteboard designs as much as I do!