A particular pleasure recently has been to observe the increasing trend of early Yacapaca adopters seeking to induct colleagues. It is an extra level of validation when somebody thinks that what you are doing is good enough to share with their friends. And I’m a sucker for flattery.
These pioneering adopters tend to learn by tinkering about. They don’t just not need formal training, they don’t want it. So we
don’t didn’t offer it.
Now things have changed. The teachers who are joining Yacapaca on the strength of the recommendation of a colleague are typically more pragmatic people. They want to know how they can do assessment more effectively, using less of their own time, using an online system.
To meet that need, we have set up a series of four one-day eAssessment training events around the country. The aim is to give a strong enough grounding that you can use Yacapaca as a day-to-day assessment tool in any subject. We will cover both the objective (multiple choice etc) and subjective (ePortfolio & short text) sides of the system.
- Birmingham – Friday, July 7th.
- Milton Keynes – Monday, July 10th (run in conjunction with Milton Keynes LEA and focusing on PSHE)
- Swansea/Port Tabot – Friday, July 14th
- Guildford – Tuesday, 18th July
Cost £95.00 including lunch
to book call Chalkface on 0800 781 8858
or email email@example.com
The day will cover Yacapaca from start to finish:
- Adding students and additional teachers
- Selecting and setting tests
- Analysing results (including advanced analysis)
Authoring your own tests
- Creating different question types (multiple choice, cloze, survey)
- Managing your question bank
- Constructing multiple tests from a single bank
Writing for publication
- Writing stems with clarity
- Options that that facilitate guessing and ‘gaming’, and how to avoid them
- Writing formative feedback that best facilitates learning
ePortfolios and Short-Text resources
- Basic setup of the ePortfolio module
- Setting and monitoring tasks
- Authoring portfolio tasks
- Converting MS Word worksheets into interactive online resources
- Writing ePortfolio resources for publication
The group will be kept small to ensure personal attention to each delegate, so early booking is advisable.
If you are planning to purchase a Yacapaca site license for your school, we can also provide this same training course on-site. Currently we won’t charge for this, but will require you to help us market the event to teachers from other schools near you.