Out of all the support requests we get in any given day, a good 50% will fall under one of these ten headings. So I would like to drop into your mind, before you even hit one of these problems, what the answer might be.
- I deleted an assignment in error
Assignments tab -> Show assignment -> Deleted -> Actions -> Undelete
- I deleted an assignment but was not returned the credits
If this happens to you, contact the support team. We deal with it on a case-by-case basis, but we are usually pretty supportive.
- I want a colleague to co-teach with me in a student set
Students tab -> Student sets -> Actions -> Manage students (yes, ‘students’), then
Teacher Actions -> Add Teacher
- Students see a black screen wth “Content Blocked” on it.
Smoothwall, your school security software, has blocked the quiz in error. Ask your technician to add yacapaca.com to the Allowed List.
- How do I get to author my own quizzes?
More tab -> Become an author
It is not automatic, and we err on the side of caution, so take the requirements seriously, and educate yourself about Yacapaca authoring.
- When does my subscription run until/how many credits do I have now?
There is a little yellow square at the top right of every Yacapaca teacher page. Click it once for subscription date, and twice for available credits.
- Can I change the timing on a quiz?
You don’t need to. Yacapaca ‘reads’ the needs of each student, and changes the timing dynamically [more].
- Are you ready for GDPR?
- Flash is coming to the end of its life. Are you moving to HTML5?
Yes we are. Students on mobile devices have been using the HTML5 version for a while, and it is coming to desktop soon.
- How do I switch to GCSE 9-1 grading?
Students tab -> Student Sets -> Actions -> Edit student set
The grade scheme is linked to the student set, not to the course. In principle, any course can be marked against any grade scheme.