This April, we are launching a new series of professionally written and edited online practice GCSE exams, entirely auto-marked.
The aim is to raise GCSE results by at least one grade level for students who practice regularly.
The first fruit of our labours is J276 OCR Computer Science Practice Exams. Follow the link to see the current state as we complete development.
- All GCSE question types, including multiple choice, short-text and long-text
- Exam-timed questions
- Instant, automatic marking
- Formative feedback
- Student motivation features
- Select questions by keyword, topic and difficulty
There is a huge pile of work to do between now and then. New software modules to be written – some of them using advanced AI. A whole authoring and editing process has to be created and populated with talented individuals. But there is nothing we’ve not done before. What this project does is for the first time pull together skills we have developed over the last 25 years into a single, amazing, product.
There are three major, and several minor, results pages in Yacapaca. Ordered by level of detail, the major pages are the Gradebook, Activity Log and Detail.
Click for full size
This is your overview for a complete student set, for a whole Continue reading
Computer-adaptive Testing (CAT) has actually been around since the 1970s but it is still little-known and less understood.
How CAT works
Any given CAT assessment is based on a large bank of questions of varying, but known, difficulty on a given topic. The first question is served at Continue reading
The absolute quickest way to get your students revising on Yacapaca is:
- Sign up here if you don’t already have an account.
- Create a new student set via Students tab -> New Student Set
- Use the “casual” set type so students can create their own logins
- Set up the subject and syllabus. We currently support 67 syllabi across all popular CGSE subjects.
- Hand out the Access Key to your students, and coach them to do 5 minutes a day, every day without fail.
- Check the weekly report you will be emailed to see, in detail, how well each student is doing.
This screencast will talk you through it. I recommend the high-quality version on Vimeo, if it is not blocked in your location.
Revision is free on Yacapaca. Some other uses are available only to paid subscribers.
Start the process now
Yacapaca has a very sophisticated built-in revision management system for all our most popular subjects, and it is very easy to set up. Here’s how.
1. Enable revision topics
Students tab > Student sets > Actions > Topics for Revision